One of the most important things that you can give to God is your obedience.
He wants your total submission to His will, His Word, and His way, with all of your heart, soul, mind, and spirit. The people who are genuinely blessed by God are the people who are genuinely obedient to God.
I really like the verse about Enoch in Genesis 5:24. It says: “And Enoch walked with God: and he was not; for God took him.” Enoch made the decision that he was going to be completely obedient to God in his walk with God. He was so obedient that God allowed him to bypass death and go straight to Heaven.
When I say obeying God with all your mind and heart, I’m not talking about just doing things because you have to or even because your parents told you to do them. No, I am talking about doing things out of a heart-felt love for God. When you do it that way, it brings a smile to His face. 1 Samuel 15:22 says: “…Hath the Lord as great delight in burnt offerings and sacrifices, as obeying the voice of the Lord? Behold, to obey is better than sacrifice, and to hearken than the fat of rams.” God cares more about your obeying Him than merely doing good things for Him.
If there is one thing I have learned in life, it is this–God does not want robotic service; He wants complete obedience from the heart. All throughout the Bible, you will notice that God rewards those who obey Him and punishes those who disobey Him. If you or I do wrong, God will punish us to show us that we can’t keep doing the same wrong over and over again. On the other hand, if you or I obey God and keep His commandments, He will reward us with blessings and advance us to success and prosperity in life.
The main thing you can do to show God you love Him is to be totally sold-out to Him and for Him. That means whatever He tells you to do, you do it without question.
It is quite easy to say we love God, but it is harder to be totally obedient to Him.
Young girls show their obedience to God by doing the following:
- They accept Jesus Christ into their hearts and lives (John 3:16).
- They pray everyday (I Thessalonians 5:17).
- They read and meditate on the Word of God (Psalm 119:11).
- They obey and respect their parents (Ephesians 6:1-3).
- They go to church faithfully and surround themselves with Christians instead of those who are not saved (II Corinthians 6:14).
- They think on positive things and not on foolishness (Philippians 4:8).
- They love the Lord with all their soul (Matthew 22:37).
- They do not have sex until marriage (I Corinthians 7:1).
- They are willing to go wherever God leads them, to say whatever God tells them to say, and to do whatever God asks them to do (Isaiah 1:19).
- They learn all they can and increase in wisdom and knowledge (Proverbs 4:5-7).
How can we not obey the God of the entire universe, the God Who in His majesty thought of us before there was time? It wouldn’t be right. It wouldn’t be fair. So, no matter what, obey God with all your heart and mind, and He will bless your life.
Celebrate: Practice obedience this week. If someone in authority tells you to do something that is right, do it. You will be obeying God by obeying them.
Scripture Says: “If ye be willing and obedient, ye shall eat the good of the land” – Isaiah 1:19
Think About It: “No matter how fast or loudly you talk, no matter how skillfully you present your case or repeat your self-justifications, you are headed for trouble if you choose your way over God’s way.” – Keith Butler
“Delayed obedience is disobedience.”
“I know the power obedience has of making things easy which seem impossible.” – Teresa of Avila
Excerpted from the book, The Girl God Wants, by Daniella Whyte.