(1) The soul-winner needs the power and presence of God. Without the power of God we will not accomplish anything. To get the power of GOD sin has to be confessed, and the Spirit restored, then we are ready to serve the Lord.
In order for us to teach sinner, we must have learned for ourselves. Most of our learning comes from experience. The person that has been forgiven has great power to tell others that they too can be forgiven. Our own mistakes can be steppingstones to greater power with God and greater desire to teach others to come to Jesus. The repentant soul is a teachable soul, only the teachable can instruct others. Once we have been delivered from the ravages of sin, then we can teach others about the grace of God that can deliver them
(2) Pray Up – Ask God to send us to lost people.
We are not finding lost people because we are not doing three simple things. We are not asking for the Lord to lead us give us souls, we are not seeking the lost, and we are not knocking on the doors to find them.
(3) One on One Gospel tracts – an easy way to start witnessing one on one is with Gospel tracts.
Just walk up to someone and give them a tract, maybe invite them to your church. It is probably the easiest way to give them the Gospel. You do not even have to talk with them just give them the track and walk away.
(4) Knock on Doors – this one is a little more complicated to explain. Experience is the best way to know how to do it.
After you get right with God (confess your sins and pray for the lost) you can start out knocking doors.
Always have two people together (small cute kids help as well).
Things to Do:
- Teach him that he is a sinner, Romans 3:23 – always make yourself a Sinner first.
- Teach him that the payment for sin is death, Romans 6:23.
- Teach him that Jesus paid the payment for him, Romans 5:8.
- Teach him that he must accept Jesus as his payment for his sins, Romans 10:9, 13.
Remember not everyone you talk with will get saved. You can also use something like below:
The Roman Road, though we are all Sinners, there is salvation in Jesus. Romans 3:10 says, As it is written, There is NONE righteous, no, not one. None are good all have broken the law of God.
Ask Him or Her:
EX: Have you broken any of the 10 commandments?
How about these,
Have you ever Stolen or Lied about Something?
Looked at a woman or man with lust?
Taken the Lord’s name in vain?
If so, you are guilty of sin in the eyes of GOD.
Tell Him or Her:
The Bible is clear that no sin can enter into the kingdom of Heaven.
Romans 3:23 says, For ALL have sinned, and come short of the glory of God.
We all come short of the glory of God we all sin. That means everyone sins, all of us, it means I’m a sinner and you are a sinner, right? It says ALL have sinned.
Romans 6:23 says, For the wages of sin is death; but the gift of God is eternal life through Jesus Christ our Lord.
The scriptures say, the price for sin, is DEATH, eternal separation from God.
Romans 5:8 says, But God commendeth his love toward us, in that, while we were yet sinners, Christ died for us.
But wait, there is good news, God has a plan for us to save us from eternity in Hell. God’s plan is that He sent His only son Jesus, to die on the cross for our sins. He has paid for all our sins, so we may have eternal life with God in Heaven. Isn’t that good news?
Romans 10:9 says, That if thou shalt confess with thy mouth the Lord Jesus, and shalt believe in thine heart that God hath raised him from the dead, thou shalt be saved. This verse is saying, That if thou shalt confess (admit) with thy mouth who Jesus is. He is the virgin born Son of God; He lived a perfect life, died on the cross for my sins, arose from the dead, etc. I admit that what God says about Jesus is true.
Now look at the rest of the verse. “That if thou shalt (admit who Jesus is), and shalt believe in thine heart (you have to mean business) that God hath raised him from the dead (He is ALIVE), thou shalt be SAVED.
Now here it is in a nutshell, friend. We are all sinners. The payment for sin is dying and going to Hell. Jesus made that payment for us when He died on the cross. Now all you have to do to make that payment YOURS, which is found in the next verse, Romans 10:13:
For whosoever shall call upon the name of the Lord shall be saved. The Bible says in Romans 10:13, For whosoever shall call upon the name of the Lord shall be saved. Does this mean you?
Lets see Who does whosoever mean? (Everyone/anyone) Does it mean me? Does it mean you, friend? If it means you friend, lets put you in (your name will be John) and see how it turns out, OK, John. For (if John that’s you, friend) shall CALL upon the name of the Lord, (John) shall be Saved. That’s quiet a promise isn’t it, John?
Well, friend, if you believe that you are a sinner, that you deserve to go to Hell, but that Jesus paid your sin debt for you friend. now if you would ask Jesus to come into your heart and save you. DO YOU BELIEVE HE WOULD? Of course He would!! Ask Jesus to save you.
Now, friend, if this is the moment that you are taking Jesus as your Saviour, I’ll give you the words to say, but you MUST remember that these are merely my words that you are repeating. You must mean them in your heart or it won’t mean a thing!
Now Just Pray with Them:
‘Dear Lord Jesus I am a Sinner. Thank you for dying for me. Please come into my heart and save me. The best I know how. I receive You as my own Personal Saviour. In Jesus Name, I Pray. Amen.
Now My Prayer for you Friend:
‘God Bless you, My New Friend, Now Lord I thank you that my Friend is taking you as his personal Saviour, ONCE FOR ALL! Help him to be a 100% Christian the rest of his life! In Jesus Name. Amen.’
Tell them what to do after they get saved. I am saved now what do I do?
You Need to Follow Up With Your New Convert:
- You need to invite them to your church
- You need to vist them at home on Saturday before church.
- Bring them in to church, you need to pick them up if possible.
- Sit with them in Church and go forward with him at the invatation.
- Stay with them until he is in the baptistry
- Feed them (Noon Meal) Lunch
- Get them committed to come back on Sunday night.
- Feed them Dinner after Church if you can.
- Ask them to come back on Wednesday night
- If you can set up a time to study the Bible with them once a week.
- Keep in contact with them